Saturday, December 09, 2006



Inaugural Tuff ride today! I hesitated, but Cowboy urged me on... only his second day being ridden since he was awarded a clean bill of health. That's one year of inactivity which, for a horse, is not good. But you wouldn't know it, watching him out there today. At certain moments, such as walking into the round pen to lead him out, I'm struck by how magnificent and beautiful he is. There have been moments that it has literally stolen my breath away and I've thought - he couldn't be more amazing. But today he proved me wrong again... watching him prance around the arena under the sure and steady hand of Cowboy, my heart was bursting with pride. Jennifer was amazed at how far he's come and made this stunning but true observation - "At any other barn, he wouldn't have made it this far...he would have been put down. But he's come such a long way." And I'm so thankful for that and thankful that he wasn't given up on... And I know if he could express it, he'd be saying thank you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home